Here's the scoop.
Basically, the two dudes are roomies. Bill moved out to LA a few months ago where he became fast friends with The Other Jon. After a rather short ammount of time ToJ offered to give up his one bedroom apartment so he could get a two bedroom with Bill and rescue him from his horrible situation he was living in when he first arrived.
Resently Bill got laid.
I meant laid off.
Anyways while Bill was visiting his home city of Chicago he decided that he would not be going back to LA.
Leaving The Other Jon with the rent, and basically stiffing him with all the money ToJ has been lending him.
Now, here's the kicker.
Bill appearently did not tell TOJ of his plans to remain in Chicago. Leaving him to find out like the rest of us who reads Bill's diary.
This of course, leads to some questions.
First of which is how could there be friction going on in Diaryland that Genghis Jon isn't in the middle of?
Well, actually it was moi and the diary your are reading now that was the candy store where these two lovebirds met.
The second question that comes to mind... and not to demean the seriousness of the situation....but I'll ask anyways.
Is this real?
Does anybody else here think that these two comedians could be pulling one over on us?
I mean, I believed it at first. I went so far as to send TOJ a 'keep your chin up' email.
But the more I think about it, the more I'm thinking we're getting duped here gang. Let's look at the facts.
FACTS LEADING THAT THIS COULD BE REAL
- Bill has always been reminiscent of Chicago and questioning if he made the right decision. It's not unthinkable that he'd go home for a visit and say 'fuck it'.
- These guys aren't known for publicity stunts. They get their laughs the old fashion way.
- The personal remarks made by each party might have gone beyond the bounds were they to make this all up.
FACTS LEADING THAT THIS COULD BE FICTION
- When I read the Bill's announcement entry, I signed his guestbook jokingly asking him if he told TOJ yet, or if he was just going to wait for him to read his diary. Could they have gotten the idea to play along from that?
- In Bill's answer to TOJ entry seemed to play the part of vicious bad guy a little over the top. For instance, claiming he owes TOJ none of the money lent to him due to the fact that he shared "talks" with him. Come on.
- It's just a fact that you cannot pull a decent April Fool's joke anywhere near April anymore. These guys take comedy seriously. I wouldn't put it past them to be smart enough to pull an April Fool's joke near Christmas when we all have our pants down.
- This might come back to bite me in the ass, but here goes. No one can be that big of a prick.
I've spoken to 4 different Diarylanders today, and the verdict is split whether this is bunk or not. I'm still saying it is.
But whether this is true or not, there's been one bright really bright spot through it all.
Everyone familiar with Ye Ole' 12% Club?
It's basically a little group that posts the best quotes from each members diary on a daily basis.
The leader, Joe is this really nice guy Canadian dude.
I'm not a regular reader of the site, but I was curious as fuck as how Joe would handle this latest crisis.
I was not disappointed.
Here's waht he wrote where Bill's daily quote would be...
12% Bartender: Hi everyone. I just can't quote Bill today. I'm not going to pass judgement on anyone, because I'm sure all the facts have yet to surface, but there's a rather huge fight between Billy and his roommate Jonny (TVZero) and both of them are writing mean-spirited entries in the bloodrush of anger, and I just can't quote from it. Sorry Bill. I hope that you and Jonny work things out, or at least keep hurt feelings to a minimum.]
That's such stereotypical Canadian niceness it's not even funny!
Anyways, I encourage everybody to get involved in this and blow it out of perportion.
I have a feeling these boys are gonna pop this balloon real soon.